A Day can Never be Perfect

The scene: 28th November 2010 is oath-taking day of the new interior designers at the Sunset Pavilion tent of Sofitel Hotel in Manila.

The good:
Meeting my friends after months of getting busy starting our professional lives. Doing stupid things and sharing funny stories are best done with friends.
I got my professional ID card/interior design license! Yeah! (together with a slightly pretty pin from PIID)
A slab (slab not slice, mind you) of lasagna was served -- way better than the dreaded pansit that we were expecting.
Lots of photo shoots took place.
I outsmarted the very eager 'official' PRC photography studio and saved my P1400.
Officially, I am now a member of Philippine Institute of Interior Designers (PIID).
I finally saw my average grade in the board exam. Not bad. If only I studied more seriously..
Sofitel is the best hotel I've been to so far. EDSA Shangri-La is great and grand all right, but Sofitel has better sceneries, landscape designs, and it's more Filipino.
UP was awarded as the top-performing interior design school. Which I think matters more than getting all the top spots in the top ten. *hint: sourgraping. It makes sense though, right?*

The bad:
I had to spend P5550 for everything.
I had to listen to long and boring speeches. My most hated part was long and repetitive greetings. Do they really have to mention ONE by ONE the more or less 20 'significant people ' with their respective long titles (or whatever makes them 'honorable') over and over again? Like what?! I think my ears bled that it almost fell off. Seriously.
I waited for the food to be served at 3pm.
'The others' seemed to be the star of the show since most of the top ten came from them.
I heard all kinds of pambobola saying interior design is *put a good description for a profession here*. Puh-leez. Spare me.
We spent 30 minutes passing by a highway that we just usually can pass through in less than 1 minute.
The worst part is nobody woke me up (or should I say overslept?) that I was not able to talk to my favorite Nihon-jin.

This day is perfect though not quite.

**with Yozora no Mukou and Smile playing**

No comments:

Post a Comment