A Compliment or Pahaging?

There are some times when my architect boss would invite me over the conference room for a short pep talk. He would always say he wants to see me prove my talent or showcase my skills or prove my worth to go up a notch in the company in the future or anything that has a similar meaning to those. I totally appreciate it, definitely. I take those short moments like a coach prepping up his players.

But somewhere inside my brain, those were interpreted differently.What if those talks were a nice way of saying I must step it up a little bit because I'm not doing enough? Well, I'm not 100% satisfied with my outputs lately so yeah, maybe I'd like to take it that way. Though it really hurts my ego to hear that from someone, that's the reality of life. Someone has to slap the butt of a horse to make it start running.

No comments:

Post a Comment