I think I'm in love, I think

He's like a turtle in a box.
He's happy living in his own world and nobody can change it for him.
Once he made up his mind about something, he won't budge. Not an inch.

He likes saying,
"I don't care."
I told him,
"Try saying, 'I don't mind,' instead."
He just doesn't give a damn about the world.
He just cares about his survival, I think.

I once asked him,
"Are you happy?"
He replied,
"I'm just okay."
"What makes you happy then?"
"A funny joke."
His answers are so simple but it always makes sense.
Don't take me wrong.
He is smart.

We argue a lot.
Or should I say, we debate a lot.
He knows his views.
He is steadfast about it.
Most of the time he gives me new perspectives on certain issues.
I thank him for that.
But not rarely we agree on something.
It's just not common.

I told him,
"You should make new friends!"
He answered,
"No, no, no, no, no."
"Why not? Oh yeah, you're not friendly. I get it."
It's wrong but I always try to change him.
He's a good sport.
He accepts criticisms like I do.

He puts up a tough front.
I know he still has a soft spot.
Or should I say I'm hoping there is.
Sometimes I think his weakness created his armor.
I know there are so many things he's still hiding.
Especially his frustrations.

In spite of it all, I like him.
I honestly like him.
I think I told him I like him.
I just want to be there for him.
That's why I'm waiting.
I will wait for I don't know how long.

I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment