Since it's Christmas..

I'm totally against giving alms to the poor. No matter how pitiful a beggar can possibly look nor how extreme their gimmicks might be, I cold-heartedly refuse to give. If there were times I gave it would be food, never money. As much as I want to help them in anyway I can, I don't want to spoil them by letting them think they can survive a lifetime thru begging. It's something like teach a person to fish instead of giving him fish. But last night was different. Since it's Christmas, I gave a whopping (yeah right!) 20 bucks to a kid who distributed a red money envelope (the Chinese one) in the bus. I hesitated at first but I thought otherwise. Sigh. I thought I would normally spend it on a C2 or a Chuckie but I'm pretty sure he needs that 20 pesos more than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment