Sometimes I don't want to be happy.

Sometimes I don't want to be happy. But it doesn't mean I want to be sad.

You know how good it feels when you're anticipating something -- getting excited over dinner with friends, going out of town for a 1-week vacation, your boss being absent from work, planning to buy the latest iPod, spending a movie date with your long-time crush, name it. It feels great while waiting for those things to happen. The more exhilarating it feels while it is happening. But after it, what comes next?

After getting giddy waiting for something to happen and getting giddier while on the experience itself, you'll be back to your normal paced life -- normal in a sense you're back to your old routine where not much really happens. And then suddenly you'll realize more how boring your life is.

The happier you got, the lonelier you get after it's over and done.
The higher you flew up, the more painful it is when you fall down.

With those in mind, I really don't like being happy. It makes me get a picture of my very boring lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment