My First Job Interview Part 1

It was a such a short notice. I was on my way home approximately 6:30pm Thursday, just after my last mock board exam day from my university, that Mama called me (which I missed). I was worried that something must have come up. Usually Mama would just send me a text message than a call. So as I reached home I asked her what's with the immediate call about. She said the company I applied for sent her a text message (I wrote her mobile number as my contact number because I didn't have my phone back then due to some unfortunate event while on the train) 4:30 that afternoon saying I have a scheduled exam and interview the next day at 8:30 am. Upon hearing it, my head was reeling.

What should I do? Should I go? But I promised my previous employer I'll return to the firm right after the board exam. Which should I choose? These questions instantly filled my mind. But Mama was dead decided that I should go for the interview. I thought, yeah, why not? I mean there's no assurance I'll be accepted. So I risked it.

There's not much preparations to be done except from 'beautifying' my CV. Argh. I hate doing it. I've added my 'achievements' for the past year with my 'job experiences'. As I was doing it I was thinking I wonder if employers really get fooled with these kinds of writings. I mean a well-composed CV can look good even without much achievements. Sigh. No matter how averse I was in the thought of doing it I still finished it. I even added my photo. Eew. Photos? For real?? I wouldn't have put it if they hadn't required it. I had my T.O.R. and portfolio laid on the table so I'll just pick them up for the next day. I asked my friend the favor of printing my CV who's also in for the interview.

Then came 'the day'. I woke up around 4:30 am though I still lingered on the sofa for a while before doing my thing. As I was about to leave I realized I wasn't prepared for the interview. What if they asked me why did I apply for their company? What do I know about them? What am I expecting when I am given the chance to work with them? Why would they accept me? Crap. Crap. Crap. I was just unprepared for the event. I thought I can still browse through the internet to know about their condominiums and their other ventured businesses. (The company is REALLY big). Even if I felt like a samurai without his katana or an archer without his bow and arrow I still pursued the interview. I abandoned the idea of researching the internet because doing so will make me late. I don't want to make a bad impression. I just asked Mama to research for me then text me some information about the company right away. I left the house around 6am.

Ah. This is too long. I'll just chop it up in parts. The juicy details for the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment