My favorite

I know I shouldn't play favorites but it's impossible not to. I mean it's like asking a pastry chef just to settle with an all-purpose flour than go looking for flour cake for a wedding cake or a designer opting for a ceramic tile finish than a granite for a counter in a P200,000-worth project. It's just plain hard.

What does favorite mean anyway? It can be a person, a thing, an event, an animal, an emotion, a condition, a fill-in-a-word-here that

  • makes you feel damn happy.
  • you'd choose above and over so many things in just a blink of an eye
  • you consider significant in your life
  • you're willing to sacrifice for 
  • you want to keep for yourself, never mind sharing
  • you're willing to work hard for
  • can make you change your values if necessary
  • can control you sometimes in ways more than one
  • can drown you in misery if you don't have it

It sounded more like an addiction than just favoritism! But that's how I see it.

Especially having a special person, it's really a pathetic condition to be in. It's like putting your source happiness in just a sole person. The euphoria you get when you have him is the same degree of depression you'll fall into if you didn't have him. Not knowing how to control your emotions can make you go berserk. Oooh. It really sound like an addiction. But then again, control. Or better yet, try to diversify the source of your happiness so you'll have some back-up that'll cheer you up when you don't have one. Still, it's impossible not to point out your most favorite among the list of your favorites. Such a complicated thing, The hierarchy goes on and on.

So to my favorite people, don't worry, I don't bite. Thank you for making me happy. I hope you can make it everyday.*smile* And for the times you made me sad for not having you, it's okay, I deal with it like a sane person. I think. A simple hi can elevate me from depression. It won't hurt, will it?

Hey, this really sounds like an addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment